The Accu-Chek TenderLink infusion set provides maximum dynamics for an active lifestyle. This variable angle soft cannula infusion set combines maximum wearing comfort with maximum freedom of movement.
- Diagonal insertion helps avoid contact with muscle and truly adapts to every movement.
- It is soft and flexible and can hardly be felt, yielding to every movement of your body.
- Comfortable, hypoallergenic self-adhesive stays firmly in place.
- The low profile of the head set makes the infusion set almost invisible.
- Simple (dis)connection at site without excess tubing.
- The connector at the head set is corrugated and easy to find with the sense of touch.
- The audible click indicates that the connection is firm.
- The see-through window for easy viewing of the infusion site.
- Cannula: soft cannula
- Insertion angle: angled, 20-45˚
- Disconnection: yes, at site
- Length of cannula: 13 and 17 mm
- Tubing length: 30, 60, 80 and 110 cm
- Diameter of cannula: fine (22 Gauge)
- Stiffness of tubing: very supple
- Height: 6.1 mm (.24 inches)
How to use:
Choose a site away from the waistline, bones, scar tissue, belly button and recent infusion sites. Clean hands and the site according to the instructions from your health care professional. Allow infusion site to dry before the soft cannula is inserted.
Remove the front half of the adhesive backing (F) from the self-adhesive (E) and pull the protective cover (A) off the introducer needle (C). Grasp the Accu-Chek TenderLink between the thumb and middle finger of one hand behind the side clips and pull back the edge of the self-adhesive with the index finger.
With your free hand, pinch together a bit of subcutaneous tissue at the disinfected site. Insert the introducer needle (C) under the skin at an angle of 20–45°, proceeding quickly and in one motion. Watch the soft cannula (B) while inserting to assure that it goes in smoothly without kinking or crimping.
Press the self-adhesive (E) firmly onto the skin in order to ensure secure seating of Accu-Chek TenderLink. Place one finger in front of the inspection window on the Accu-Chek TenderLink to fix it. Press the side clips of the introducer needle (D) together gently and at the same time pull the introducer needle (C) out of the skin.
Remove the back side of the adhesive backing (G) from the self-adhesive (E) and press the self-adhesive firmly onto the skin.
Attach the lure-lock (N) to the pump by tightening it into the pump adapter. Make sure there is a cartridge containing sufficient insulin in the cartridge compartment. Remove the circular protective cap (L) by pressing the side clips inwards gently. Follow the pump manufacturer’s user manual to prime the transfer-set until medication drips from the connector needle tip. Do not leave air bubbles in either the cartridge or the transfer-set.
Connect the transfer-set to the newly inserted head-set with the bulging side upwards. A click must be heard when the connection engages. Fill the empty space of the cannula housing (H) with a bolus of 0.7 units of insulin U-100 (about 7μl). Start distribution with the pump.
For more information on how to use the infusion set and insulin pump, please see your Accu-Chek TenderLink Owner’s Booklet.
How to use Accu-Chek TenderLink: